A place to be real about a life of chaos, with eight beautiful children, homeschooling, special needs, adoption, sanity or the lack thereof.........a rubber hits the road sort of journey that I thankfully do NOT walk alone!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

RULE # 28.....Hands Free on the Trampoline?!?!?!

There are days when every rule known to my children appears to have been taught to them in a foreign language?! For years I balked at having a trampoline because I was convinced there would be serious bodily harm and I was quite frankly "afraid"! I researched and I researched the safety pros and cons and finally when Princess was in need of some serious physio following chemotherapy I was convinced this would prove to be the answer. (nice excuse anyway!)


We are now finishing the third season with our much loved and continuously used trampoline. Princess made excellent use of it in strengthening her legs and abs and everyone else has found it to be the best and first choice of entertainment while in the yard. We have had to instill timers and limits and rules.....MANY, MANY rules so I could cope. On the whole it has been working perfectly. HOWEVER........................................







AND THIS.................!

















does not appear to be following RULE #28!!!! HANDS FREE!!!! LOL


Wrestling can become dangerous (although at this point there was nothing but hysterical laughter) I did have to step in with the rule reminder.






"Pardon Mom?" (more laughter and hysteria)....




Good thing they are so cute!




Upon reminding them of the hands free rule they promptly discovered a "creepy crawly" that required immediate observation..........and so it goes.....









Have I mentioned how much I love having my children at home!





It is not without its challenges but I have every opportunity to teach at any moment as it appears throughout the day. Safety, insects.....how to love your brother.......they are all important lessons.....equally!!

No comments:

Post a Comment