A place to be real about a life of chaos, with eight beautiful children, homeschooling, special needs, adoption, sanity or the lack thereof.........a rubber hits the road sort of journey that I thankfully do NOT walk alone!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013


 
Counting my Blessings in 2013

1. Homemade cinnamon buns and the smiles it brings to young faces
2. Excellent hospital care and follow up when my eldest is "broken" after a fall from her horse
3. Rosy cheeks after an afternoon in the snow
4. Beautiful music to soothe frayed nerves...by the end of day it was sweet music
5. Leftovers from New Years Eve celebrations and how easy it makes meal prep on January 1
6. Twinkling Christmas lights on the garland around the door
7. Family time ... even when it wasn't "their" first choice today
8. Hugs and smiles when new hand-me-down pajamas are pulled out
9. Another day
10. New lessons learned in patience when dealing with rage in my sweet son
11. A warm bed waiting for me
12. The newness of the year that lies ahead and the clean slate ...

Three gifts heard.....
13. The silence that follows a busy day of children and chores
14. The gentle rhythmic breathing of my sleeping youngest as I get ready for bed
15. The quiet singing of our cockatiel as she gets ready for sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment