A place to be real about a life of chaos, with eight beautiful children, homeschooling, special needs, adoption, sanity or the lack thereof.........a rubber hits the road sort of journey that I thankfully do NOT walk alone!

Friday, August 12, 2011

"Life is Awesome...."

There really aren't words to express my feelings in regards to the baptism of my first child.
It wasn't something she took lightly and I know she had thought alot about it. It was simply ... time.

Please find here a copy of the letter I sent via email to her youth pastor to be read at her baptism in the Caribbean Sea in Tela, Honduras on the heels of a two week life changing missions trip with 32 other students.







"-----",



When I received the email from "-----" telling me you had asked to be baptised I was not at all surprised. I know this was on your heart before you left for Honduras and I imagine these past two weeks have only deepened your commitment to Jesus.




Today you will declare amongst your friends that this commitment to Christ and the inward changes that have already occurred in you, are your “new life”. Indeed the “old you” will be buried in this symbolic act of baptism.


This life journey you are on will continue after today and I encourage you to seek God in every aspect of your life. As I have often said, God made you for a unique and very special purpose but it is your job to lean hard into Him to discover what that purpose is. God has been known to use the weak and those willing to lean on Him for great things. I believe there is greatness ahead for you!


Proverbs 2:1-5 says
“My son (daughter), if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.”



One of the notes I sent with you on this trip included a quote by an anonymous author…it applies to today and the rest of your life.
“Make time for the quiet moments, as God whispers and the world is loud.”



"-----"…continue to find the peace of God in the chaos of life…whether it be our crazy busy house or the world you are in… not of…Continue to surrender, sacrifice, submit and serve as you “love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind” (Matthew 22:37)



“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9



We are so proud of you! Not there in body but you know we are right there with you! Celebrating your life today!!



We Love you,
Mom and Dad





















By all accounts this trip was an experience of a lifetime...

A first flight...two weeks away from home and ALL of the family...a week of hard manual labour at a school in Siguatepeque...week long VBS at the same school...zip-lining and cliff jumping at some waterfalls...VBS in the community at a public school...delivering stoves to villagers in the rural community of Balibrea...overwhelming cultural and language adjustments...two days in Tela at the beach...baptism!




Tip of the iceberg really....the stories are still coming....she hasn't stopped smiling and the best thing she's said since she came home ..... "Life is awesome! Just sayin'..."







No comments:

Post a Comment